If you're curious about interior design or thinking of making it a career, this is a great foundation course designed to give you a feel for what it's all about. Plus, you don't need any experience.
The syllabus is based around a real-life case study and introduces the key stages of the interior design process.
The content is spread over 8 sessions, 1 day per week and you will have the option to study either on Thurdays or on Saturdays.
(Note that there won't be any class on Oct.31 and Nov 2)
What you’ll learn:
- How to write a design proposal based on a creative brief
- How to create a concept and materials' board
- How to do technical drawings of plans and elevations
- Key building principles, how to design for the human form and the study of ergonomics
- Overview of materials, colors, textiles and lighting
- How to prepare a visual and verbal presentation
1. Introduction to the course
2. Project Introduction and Design Brief
3. Client Interview and Design Analysis
4. Concept Images
1.Drawing a Plan and Elevation
2.Introduction to Scale
3.Surveying a Room
1.Elements and Principles of Interior Design
2.Residential Space Planning
1.Introduction to Kitchen Design
2.Introduction to Bathroom Design
3.Kitchen and Bathroom Space Planning
1.Introduction to Living and Dining Design
2.Introduction to Bedroom and Closet Design
3.Living & Dining and Bedroom & Closet Space Planning
1.Materials for Interiors
2.Client Presentation Boards
1.Furniture and Lighting Selection
2.Schedules and Specifications
2.Verbal Presentation of Project
Book one month before the start date and receive a free one-day short course.