Art has the power to truly transform an interior space, but how? What pieces do you select and why? In this special Art Week course, we’ll teach you how to leverage art in interior design. Morning lecture at Insight School (10am-12.30pm) will be followed by a carefully curated tour of Affordable Art Fair in the afternoon (1.30-3.00pm).
- Learn the principles of art in interiors – how to frame, mount, hang, install and light art in residential and commercial spaces
- Discuss at what point in your design process you should select your art
- Understand how you can combine art with your colour scheme and furniture selection to create beautiful interiors
- Private tour by Fair Director of Affordable Art Fair Stephanie Kelly, who will guide you through important works by influential artists from Asia and abroad.
- Stephanie will share tips for buying art, discuss affordability, and show you ways you can conserve art.
- As part of the tour, you'll also have the opportunity to speak with gallerist Beulah Van Rensburg from Van Rensburg Gallery and understand the importance of building relationships with gallerist.
About the guide
Worldwide adventurer and art buying addict, Stephanie Kelly hails originally from New Zealand, but has spent the last decade living in London, Singapore and now Hong Kong, collecting a vast amount of art along the way! As Fair Director, Stephanie has helped cement Affordable Art Fair as one of the top art events in a dynamic Hong Kong art scene.
1. Entry ticket to Affordable Art Fair is included
2. Vouchers cannot be used for this course