Finding balance amidst the chaos of today’s society is not an easy task, but maybe we can start by engineering harmony in our surroundings. In this course, we’ll explore the world of Feng Shui, showcase its importance in an ever-changing world, and present ways you can merge this ancient practice with the needs of modern living.
- Understand the origin and meaning of Feng Shui
- Elicit the deeper meanings behind the Yin and Yang symbol
- Analyse Yin Yang flow and 5 Element Theory in given case studies
- Map energy against a given floor plan using the 8 Aspirations Method
- Understand form school philosophy and define the differences between dragon, tiger, phoenix, and snake
- Case studies of Feng Shui from Hong Kong and abroad
- Introduction to generating a concept board and floor plan using key Feng Shui principles
- Practical applications of Yin Yang, 5 Element Theory, and the 8 Aspirations map to a chosen interior space
- Materials board selection and presentation using the School’s extensive resources library
- 2 week days (10am to 3pm); or
- 2 Saturdays (10am to 3pm)
Next Start Date
|28th & 29th June 2017||book now|
No previous interior design experience needed.